jueves, 29 de octubre de 2015

Bone Sculpture


Hello, classmates and teacher!

Today, I chose to write about a Chilean artist. Maybe, someone in this course know him. His artist name is "Necro" and his real name is Michael Benítez. He's a underground sculptor and painter.   
I knew him thank's TV: When I was 13 years old, in a Vía X's segment, he showed his works. Necro's a great studious about anatomy, but in the "strange way": His creations are made with bones, yes, real bones (actually, he sculpt man-made skulls in many cases, but he pick up animal bones for parts of his works). He studied Art pedagogy in UMCE (surprise!) and today he was 34 years old.

In the beginning of his career, he made some works, like lamps and chairs, but now, he has a great curriculum: Necro made the "Throne of bones", used in many metal concerts; the "Necrobar", decorated with skulls in the superior part and provided with alcohol for all the preferences; and the "Necrobus", used in the last Black Sabbath's concert in our country. 



The people could think that meet Necro is an impossible dream, but he's near: you can find him and talk with him in Facebook or see him in Biobio fair, when he sells "little" pieces of art (compared to the monsters named previously).  
I know him, but I never ask him two thing: Why do you like bones?, how do you inspired everyday?   




5 comentarios:

  1. Wow I never heard about him! That lot of bones scare me a little bit xD

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I never heard about this guy before, but I think it´s always good support the national artists

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Wow! his work is too original!!! but I get a little scared :/

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I had never heard of him, but is super interesting as does his work and his art as :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. It looks really interesting. Quite original

    ResponderEliminar