sábado, 17 de octubre de 2015

Education


When I head something about education I feel mixed emotions. On one hand, I know about the crisis in the national system and I have a worry. But, on other hand, I feel displeasure because it's a topic very well used.

In my first year of University, I had to live the 2011 movilization, and that was an upsetting year. I remember the daily assemblies in the career, the State's threats weren't exciting for the movement and after a few month, it's all over.  

Even so, I think that Chilean education is mediocre, the powerfuls use education like a business and that's badly. The students of different social classes don't lear in the same way and for that, the opportunities of future are unequal.

In my case, I studied in a subsidize school, and money was more important than the learning. We had to study a lot for own initiative to go to a good University.    

My mom is teacher, and her case is similar: the student's profile was getting worse, MINEDUC's programs was made for a good mark in standarized test, the teachers were nonconformist with the learning...  

The system must change, that's evident, but I don't have real hopes in a short term. I think that the final goal needs a lot of work and comprimise. The important people in the power should understand that the quality of education is the pillar for a good society.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario